For this week’s edition of #FridayFavourites we are listing our top 5 favourite quotes. You can find inspirational words everywhere: on the internet, in a lecture, in a movie or in a good book. Whenever we see a quote that speaks to us, we like to save it. Today, we are sharing 5 of our favourites with you.
5) Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. In order to get to where you want to be, you must make the decision to start. For example, you may keep thinking about getting fit or being able to run 5 miles. A big part of it is just making up your mind, make the decision and stand strong so you will not be swayed.
Dreaming of a new career path? Take the leap and sign up for the courses you need to get there.
4) All problems are illusions of the mind. What we see as stressful or perceive to be a threat truly is up to us. If you’re running late for work and you start panicking making it a significant problem in your mind you only escalate negative emotions. Stop, breathe, relax and think, what is the worst that could happen? Even if this were to happen, you’ll still be okay.
3) Two things prevent us from happiness; living in the past and observing others. It is very easy to become hard on yourself if you start comparing your accomplishments with those of others. However, those individuals are on a different life path than you are and your journey may be very different. You cannot change the past. Look at it as an opportunity to learn and bless it then let it go.
2) Be the change you want to see in the world. I know you have probably heard this quote a million times but it still remains as one of our favourites. If you want to see less plastic being used in this world to help the environment, then start living waste free and set an example for others. If you want to see more kindness in this world, then be kind to everyone you meet and be the change.
1) When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Thinking positively, practising spirituality, meditating, and following your intuition all have to do with getting in touch with your soul and your true desires. Do what makes your soul happy and you will live everyday joyfully.